[rescue] A/UX, was RE: Mac: is this an X client?

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Sun Oct 20 16:34:20 CDT 2002

On Sunday, October 20, 2002, at 05:09  PM, Steve Hatle wrote:

> Yup, I've got the Workgroup Server 95, which is a Quadra 950 with
> different
> plastics and the cache card that provides L2 (and L3?) cache to the
> motherboard 68040, as well as faster SCSI. Actually, my machine did
> start
> life as a Quadra 950, but I found the front plastics and the cache.
>
> I did get some parts from a WGS 9500, which is the PPC version of the
> box,
> which gives me some options if I want an internal CD-ROM and/or an
> internal
> DDS tape drive. If I have both, I lose the floppy, but that might not
> be a
> big loss.

The only reason it's really worth pointing out is that the WGS 9500 is
nothing like the WGS 95.

The WGS 95: Quadra 900/950 generation 33Mhz 68040
The WGS 9500: PowerPC 604 generation predecessor to the 9600

A lot came in between... WGS 9150, 91xx, etc.  PPC 601 stuff.  Most of
the WGS stuff in between was in the 6xxx and 7xxx series before the
WGS's became basically an identical unit with more ethernet ports (via
an add-in card) and a license for Appleshare IP.

Andrew