[rescue] Indig2 install blues

root venabledavid at qwest.net
Thu Oct 17 22:31:32 CDT 2002

Is it safe to assume that if a cdrom drive boots a Sun it will boot a
Indigo2? I have whats looks to be a correctly set up external cdrom,
Irix 5.3 on Iso, and the correct commands. Hinv sees the cdrom as scsi
address 4.

When I run the "boot -f" command it whines that the header lable is not
correct and that there is no bootable media in the drive.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance

dave

PS This is sent using an Sun U140 that I bought on ebay as a stripped
unit, and built from what I lerned from this list. It is now my primary
unit. And yes I am brown-nosing!