[rescue] A/UX, was RE: Mac: is this an X client?

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Sun Oct 20 13:35:46 CDT 2002

"Steve Hatle" <shatle at nfldinet.com> sez

> I do [have AU/X install media], and an SE/30 and an WGS95 running A/UX.

What's a "WGS95"?

> (And a Lisa running Xenix, if that's worth any geek points)

Geek-point-wise, I'd say that's right up there!

When I was with Microstuf ('84-'90) the boss got a Lisa, since it was what
you used as a Mac development platform, and he has visions of porting
Crosstalk XVI to the Mac.  Before we ever got rolling on anything much with
it, Apple sent us an "update kit" which included about everything in it
except for the case and the HD.  After it was installed, the Lisa would do
nothing except display a message that said "Lisa is experiencing technical
difficulties."  No amount of phone calls to Apple provided a solution, or
even any interest in helping us.

The last time I saw the Lisa, it was flying in a low arc into a dumpster.

-Shel