[rescue] Mac: is this an X client?

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Sun Oct 20 08:18:40 CDT 2002

> >I have a 250MB Apple SCSI drive.  Booted it up on the LC and it has a
> >program called "Reflection" (v2.0) on it, made by WRQ.
> >
> >Is this an X client, to be used to connect to X11?
> >

> This isn't strictly speaking an answer, but there is a free-as-in-beer X server
> for Mac OS 9 running on PowerPCs from MicroImages. It's real ugly, if I remember
> correctly, but works.
>
> http://www.microimages.com/freestuf/mix/macindex.htm

If that is like the Windoze version they put out, it is indeed
functional but ugly. I don't remember if I was able to change the wm
with that one. Think it uses twm which (to me) makes it ugly. ;)
Actually, I think it was VNC that I was able to change the wm for...

--
Steve Sandau
IS Technician, TMA Bath, Maine
ssandau at bath.tmac.com