[rescue] Why do I have xauth man page, but no executable in Solaris 9?

Jonathan C Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Oct 19 16:47:29 CDT 2002

On Saturday, Oct 19, 2002, at 15:32 US/Central, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Subject line really says it all, but to put it in context, I was going
> to play with the VNCSERVER/VNCVIEWER from sunfreeware companion CD, but
> was denied because the server required xauth...

Do you not have it at all, or do you merely not have /usr/openwin/bin
in your PATH?  If you don't have /user/openwin/bin/xauth, the package
you want to install is SUNWxwplt.

For what it's worth, every Solaris 9 machine I have is the opposite--I
have an xauth binary, but no manual page.

--
Jonathan C. Patschke
Celestrion Information Systems