[rescue] large lot of cheap 72pin memory on e bay

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Thu Oct 17 15:43:00 CDT 2002

"Joshua D Boyd" <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu> said ...

[snip]

> And it would be cool to max the SS classic,  err but I'm not sure if it
> is a parity machine.  I seem to remeber having swapped some memory from
> an IPX to it...

IPX memory will work in the Classic/LX boxes, but it's not the right spec.
The IPX only requires 80 ns sticks, but the Classic/LX wants 60, I think.

Really maxing a Classic/LX requires two 32 meg sticks (in bank 0) and four
16 meggers in the other two banks, for a total of 128 MB.  I have a couple
of machines set up like that, and they work fine.  The memory is FPM 36-bit
real parity.

-Shel