[rescue] SS2000E question

Michael Schiller schiller at agrijag.com
Wed Oct 16 12:28:01 CDT 2002

Skeezics Boondoggle wrote:

> Anyway, the ones I rescued have 2x full SSA's in 'em - each.  I'm guessing
> that's going to put the power consumption nearer the high end.

A friend of mine has one of those meters where you plug the device into
the meter, then the meter into the wall outlet, and we were very
surprised to find that the SSA's don't draw that much power at all! I
can't remember the exact number, but it was considerably lower than we
expected, and this was using 110 power, the draw will be half on 220.
The SSA we tested had 30 2.1gig drives in it at the time of the test.

--
-Mike