[rescue] best of times/worst of times

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Wed Oct 16 11:42:29 CDT 2002

> I've been burned way to many times by giving 70 hours a week
> for a year
> straight, and gotten canned with nothing to show for it.
> Those days are
> over, at least until someone pays me enough to justify the
> difference.
> If someone where to offer me in excess of $100k, I'd gladly
> put in, say,
> 50 hours per week.
> --
> Kurt

	This brought up a thought. Anyone else have a "Tie" pay rate , which
is what I like to call it. For example:

$0 - $20K T-shirt my choice with no guarantee of it being proper or family
friendly
$20,001 - $30K Employer gets to pick the t-shirt 4 days a week and a
collared shirt once a year
$30,001 - $40K gets my employer a collared shirt, most likely polo with some
effort to make it clean and wrinkle free
$40,001 - $50K Employer gets a clean shirt on a regular basis, still
collared and an occasional wearing of a suit
$50,001 - $60K More wearing of a suit and the occasional wearing of a
collared shirt (button down) with tie to work
$60,001 - $80K Collared shirt with tie to work on a regular basis
$80,001 - $100K A clean pressed Collared shirt with tie everyday and a suit
at least once a week
$100k - $250K A suit everyday
$250K - $500K I will actually do some work while wearing the suit
$500K+   I will wash their car while wearing the suit....

	Anyone else have these levels? Or am I as hard to work with as
everyone says...

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org