[rescue] RE: Disintegrating Type 5 Sun keyboard feet?

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Tue Oct 15 09:01:24 CDT 2002

Dave McGuire wrote:

> I believe this is the rubber depolymerizing due to age. I'm
> not sure if there's anything that can be done about that.

   Buy the rubber feet a sports car & hairpiece and have them get a younger
girlfriend?
   I usually cut a small cirle of plastic wrap (eg., saran wrap, cling tite,
whatever) and let the feet turn to mush while pressed against this little
coaster. Unless the feet are so large that their deformation is going to make
a tall tower of cases topple over, then just contain it and move on.
   As Mr. McGuire points out, there's not much you can do about entropy, man.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator