[rescue] Big tape drives

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Oct 14 16:37:02 CDT 2002

On Monday, October 14, 2002, at 05:25 PM, Eric Dittman wrote:
> My mistake, the TA91 is a six-foot tall dual 3480 tape loader.
> We have two of them (four drives total).

   Ahh the 3480s.  I don't know much about those.

> The 9-track drives we have are a TA78 and a TA79, which have
> been around for at least 18 years.

   Yes those I remember...The only machine I used at work that had a
9-track drive was the 11/750; it had a TU80 and a TU78.  That TU78 was
a *nice* drive...faster than all shit.  It pulls something like 70A at
220V though, so I won't be running one of those at home. :-(

     -Dave

St. Petersburg, FL       reboot and upgrade."    -Jonathan Patschke