[rescue] RE: Disintegrating Type 5 Sun keyboard feet?

ghub005 at xtra.co.nz ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Mon Oct 14 15:50:35 CDT 2002

<<
I've now got three Type 5 or 5c keyboards here whose
rubber "feet" are disintegrating, leaving sticky gray goo
on desktops and such.  It's annoying and I'd like to stop
it from getting any worse.

The best fix I've found for affected keyboards is to stick
a cut-to-fit piece of post-it note over the former feet...anyone
have a better fix (like a good method of replacing the
silly little things)?

And what the heck is causing the breakdown?  (what
substance should I keep away from the unaffected
keyboards?)

I have had this exact same problem with the rubber(?) feet on an SS10's external audio module. I didn't realise that it wasn't just a one-off experience.

I would also be interested to know if there was a cause/cure for this problem. That goo is unsightly, annoying, and a real PITA to clean up.

Regards,

Gavin