[rescue] Type 4 mouse pads

Michael Schiller schiller at agrijag.com
Mon Oct 14 04:24:25 CDT 2002

Dave McGuire wrote:

> > http://www.mit.edu/afs/sipb/user/jcb/postscript/optical-mouse-pad.ps
> >
> > I haven't tried it, but it is there.
>
>    I've used this on Type 2 mice with good results.

Well, I tried that file, as well as another one I had here 'mousepad.ps'
the file that'd been floating around the net for a while, and the mit
one didn't work at all, but the other one sort of worked. I remember
hearing a while back that the type 4 pad used 2 different colors for the
lines, I believe red and blue, but unfortunately I don't know anything
about postscript, would it be hard to modify either file to make the
vertical lines one color, and the horizontal ones the other? I have a
feeling if I can do this, then the file would work. Any suggestions?

--
-Mike
*PGP fingerprint= D2 4F A8 B7 13 D5 73 1E  48 99 40 99 F9 BC 74 74 *