[rescue] External CDROM drive for Indigo2

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Sun Oct 13 15:15:56 CDT 2002

"Linc Fessenden" <linc at thelinuxlink.net> wrote ...

> Whoops! After close exam I find I have not been using my plextor at all
> but a Toshiba xm-4101b.

Ah-HA!!!

> Anyhow I just dug out my trusty Plextor Plex12/20
> px20tsi and it plays through the scsi bus as well..  No probs..

Double crap.  I think that's the same model I have.  Will it only do
audio-over-SCSI if it's on the internal SCSI bus, or did you make it work on
the external bus?  When I tried mine on the external bus, IRIX's cdplayer
app would just die with a fileopen(0) error [1].

> (well other than the crappy cd I put in there to test with :-)

No problem duplicating your test set-up there, I have plenty of crappy CDs.
How about "Fat Headed Stranger" by Whammo?  Tracks with names like "Children
of the Corn Nuts", "There's too much Light in this Bar", "Do I look Fat in
This" and "Unprotected Menage a Trois"....

-Shel

[1]  One ot my least-favorite things about IRIX is its apps' propensity for
dumping core.  And, to make it worse, they use different names for the
resulting file, complicating cleanup.  Anyone know how to turn this off?
I'm not into examining other people's dumps....