[rescue] FYI eBay item#2060784552: Sun AXE-300 Motherboard (s !!!)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Oct 13 11:48:40 CDT 2002

On Sunday, October 13, 2002, at 12:33 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:
>> Question - could I saturate a 10 Mb/s connection serving static
>> HTML/images off this box? <ducks and runs>
>
> Of course.  Like I said, one of these was mrbill.net/sunhelp.org for
> over a year.  Worked GREAT.  Throw in a "modern" 7200RPM IDE drive
> (especially one of the 8M-cache ones), and it would *rock*.

   I'm about 110% sure Lionel was joking there, Bill.  The list archives
are thickly peppered with instances of my "you moron, you can saturate
a 10MB ethernet with an SS2 with ease, why do you *need* a 1GHz clock
rate!!" flames.

       -Dave

St. Petersburg, FL       reboot and upgrade."    -Jonathan Patschke