[rescue] Re: FYI eBay item#2060784552: Sun AXE-300 Motherboard

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Sat Oct 12 21:03:49 CDT 2002

<<On Saturday 12 October 2002 04:17 pm, Bill Bradford wrote:

> NICE boards; I'm still going to do the "PC rice boy" thing with it in an
> ATX case.

Hmm, looks like a nice way to enter the UltraSPARC world.  256K cache sounds
pretty bad for a Sparc, though.  Can someone compare this CPU
(U-Sparc-IIi/300) to something else I may be familiar with, like (dare I
suggest) in the Intel line or Power/PowerPC line?

Can someone help me spot out where the three PCI slots are?

Hi Eric

They are there (right hand end of the picture):

http://ebay3.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_dec99f6d0d469bf25c1eb5e68d639a29/i-
1.JPG

They are obscured by an adaptor board in the middle slot that provides a
PCI socket at 90 degrees to the motherboard. This allows the motherboard to
be installed with a regular PCI card in a slim case/enclosure e.g. a 1U
rack case or similar.

Regards,

Gavin