[rescue] SGI getting serious about remarketing

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Oct 12 19:34:57 CDT 2002

On Sat, 12 Oct 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> So, an SSI stomps an SE.  Interesting.

It's a tough call in geometry performance, but SSI has a lot more
framebuffer.

> Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a Vpro card going to work right
> away with a R12k?  How expensive are Vpro6s?

vPro should work in any Octane with newish firmware and an R12k-ready
power supply, but I have no idea on what the going price for them is.

--
Jonathan Patschke
 "you know, there are people who like having potatoes and jellyjars shoved up