[rescue] FYI eBay item#2060784552: Sun AXE-300 Motherboard (s !!!)

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Oct 12 16:37:38 CDT 2002

On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 05:37:19PM -0400, Eric Webb wrote:
> Hmm, looks like a nice way to enter the UltraSPARC world.  256K cache sounds
> pretty bad for a Sparc, though.  Can someone compare this CPU
> (U-Sparc-IIi/300) to something else I may be familiar with, like (dare I
> suggest) in the Intel line or Power/PowerPC line?
> Can someone help me spot out where the three PCI slots are?

Look at the picture - its got the "1U" horizontal riser board on it.
When you've got it in a 1U case, you can only use one slot - but when
its in a normal "desktop" or 3U case, you can use all the slots normally.

Its a standard ATX form-factor.  I would compare it to a P2-300 or so,
but its not really a fair comparison.  I had one in a 1U rackmount
case with a pair of 5400rpm Seagate IDE drives.

Bill

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net