[rescue] Directory vanished, and Asynch Mem Fault

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Sat Oct 12 15:42:47 CDT 2002

Sometimes I hate computers.

During a backup today, ufsdump reported that a directory at such-and-such
inode had "vanished."  After the backup, I unmounted that partition and ran
fsck.  It reported the same inode numbers as being "unattached" and claimed
to have fixed them.  I ran fsck again, and it reported no errors.

I then rebooted, and, in amongst the usual boot-up blather in the syslog, I
spotted this:

Oct 12 13:15:57 rtfm unix: panic: asynchronous memory fault: MFSR=80802820
MFAR=5cf9cb0

So, my questions are ...

Should I worry about either of these errors?

Are they related?

What should I do about them?

Thanks.

-Shel