[rescue] Re: Re: U5

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Fri Oct 11 17:14:36 CDT 2002

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Dave McGuire wrote:

> On Friday, October 11, 2002, at 06:01 PM, Robert Novak wrote:
> > I just noticed... if the photos are accurate, that thing has a SunSwift
> > PCI card--10/100 ethernet and ultrawide scsi. The card alone is worth
> > more
> > than the closing bid (we were paying $800 2-3 months ago gray market
> > warranted for those). If so, REALLY GOOD DEAL.
>
>    SunSwift...is that the PCI HME card?  I sold one of those on eBay a
> few days ago for nearly $100.

It's the hme+fas I believe. 10/100 ethernet and ultrawide scsi. X1032A
(http://store.sun.com/catalog/doc/BrowsePage.jhtml?catid=10991) ... lists
for $995/A. That definitely means I paid less than $800 for it... but
still, I'm fairly sure it was more than $260.38 from my vendor.

There are some on ebay now buy-it-now for $150-160... may have to buy one
or two that way for my AXi and/or Ultra 60, since it looks like neither of
them will sell.

If anyone has a use for sbus DSBE (Diff Scsi/Buffered Ethernet) cards, let
me know. I think I still have two of those around, will trade for American
Airlines miles or pci stuff. :)