[rescue] Re: U5

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Fri Oct 11 17:01:31 CDT 2002

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:

> Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
>
> > If anyone is interested....
> > U5 360 going in less than an hour for $150.
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2060194066
>
> Way to go Sridhar (I think), but that went up quite a bit at the last
> minute.

Yeah, that's still a fairly okay deal. I wouldn't choose it over an Ultra
60, but for some basic X stuff it'd be pretty cool.

I just noticed... if the photos are accurate, that thing has a SunSwift
PCI card--10/100 ethernet and ultrawide scsi. The card alone is worth more
than the closing bid (we were paying $800 2-3 months ago gray market
warranted for those). If so, REALLY GOOD DEAL.

You might look for a 333/2mb cpu for it if you plan to do stuff that would
benefit from a cache upgrade. The 360mhz cpu has 256kb (that's why it was
cheaper than the 333mhz model).