[rescue] Re: Video Switch?

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Thu Oct 10 23:01:25 CDT 2002

On Thursday 10 October 2002 10:28 pm, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> video card between two monitors, you're really best of getting a
> decent "digital" PC KVM, and just using that.

I thought a lot of the benefit of using a powered KVM for this purpose were
the proc amps inside.  Using any kind of switching (whether manual or
electronic) typically implies twice the cabling as normal and I thought video
was very sensitive to that (ie, length of wire).

You're very right about impedance mismatching, going from wire to pin to pin
back to wire again, etc, etc...

But then, my electronics background isn't well-schooled.

-E.