[rescue] good price for a RaQ ?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Oct 10 18:25:08 CDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 07:02:05PM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:

> I have heard many people talk about Zope, but have yet to meet anyone
> who is actually using it in production.  I think the reason is that
> you could use Zope for development, but then factor out what you need
> into straight Python; alternatively, for a content management system,
> you might stick content into Zope but then just emit static HTML and
> put that on the Web server.

I haven't seen many people do things with Zope that really require a
complicated server, with the exception of people using Zopedot, or
whatever the slashdot clone in zope was called.  Most people do things
that are dirt simple to do in ASP or perl, or whatever, and are much
less hassle on the finding hosting front.  That's the major thing that's
kept me away from it.

--
Joshua D. Boyd