[rescue] Video Switch?

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Oct 10 15:14:19 CDT 2002

> > I'm probably simply looking in the wrong places, but does
> > anyone know
> > where I  can get a video switch box? I have one SVGA
> > monitor that I'd
> > like to share between a pc and the SunPCI in my SunBlade
> > 100. I don't need a full blown KVM.
>
> I've had really poor luck with the cheap video switchboxes.
> Maybe you'll
> have better luck.  If you'd like to try one, e-mail me your
> address and I'll
> send you one.

I'd agree with statements about having really poor luck.  The
2-position "turn a switch" A/B video switchboxes show up on
eBay for ~$10.00 sometimes, or less at the ComputerPro shows
around here.  They're okay for text-mode stuff but crap for
higher-bandwidth video.

If you're willing to throw $50 (incl. S/H) at a solution, check out

  http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2060410310

for a 2-position KVM with cables--and it lists a video bandwidth
and max resolution that make it more suitable for use with
decent graphics outputs.  I almost bid on this just to have another
decent KVM around--I know you said you don't really need a KVM,
but for the money this seems like a Good Deal.

  --Rip