[rescue] Video Switch?

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Oct 10 12:38:16 CDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 05:28:33PM +0000, wlewis at mailbag.com wrote:
> I'm probably simply looking in the wrong places, but does anyone know
> where I  can get a video switch box? I have one SVGA monitor that I'd
> like to share between a pc and the SunPCI in my SunBlade 100. I don't
> need a full blown KVM

I bought a VGA switch box on ebay for something like $25.  It is pretty
awefull.  Horrible artifacting over 1024x768 (and less than perfect at
that resolution, but still useable).  I used it to switch between a
windows machine and a mac.  Currently it isn't in use at all (the 15"
monitor it was used with failed, and I don't have a replacement set up).
Soon it will be used to switch between a PC running something, the same
mac, and a HP 712 (it didn't work with the 15" monitor, but it does work
with the monitor that will replace the 15" one).  All set to 1024x768 or
less, even though each machine supports higher, and the monitor that
will be on it supports 1600x1200.

It seems to me that for not much more, one could get a real KVM that
would support higher resolutions, but I could be wrong.

--
Joshua D. Boyd