[rescue] A quick NFS question - amswered!

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Wed Oct 9 22:51:54 CDT 2002

"Jonathan C Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net> wrote ...

> You need to open your 6.5.x overlay distributions in addition to the
> NFS distribution.  In fact, you should open your 6.5.x overlay
> distributions when trying to install -any- SGI software on a system
> that isn't running 6.5.0.

I thought I did that, but I tried it again, paying a little more attention,
and this time I managed to install it.

The SGI install stuff always makes me feel like a monkey, jamming random CDs
into the drive until the machine is happy.

After a bit of argy-bargy, it installed, the machine rebooted itself, and I
was able to mount the directories from the LX.

Thanks for nudging me into a second try.

-Shel