[rescue] A quick NFS question

Matthew Haas wedge at lightlink.com
Wed Oct 9 20:26:03 CDT 2002

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

> Actually, BIG problem.  I can't install NFS; the IRIX software manager
> claims "conflicts," most of which are of the "nfs.<something>" is
> incompatible with the base system.  No amount of CD shuffling seems to
> pacify it.
>
> I can't tell from the installer if this is the server part of the system, or
> the client, though....

 Yeah, that doesn't sound too good. I always got mad conflicts if I didn't
install NFS when installing IRIX. (Off that OCS/NFSv3 CD) I don't know if
there are any other NFS subsystems on the other IRIX CDs.

---
 Matthew Haas           Squirrel's Law #209203923: "Thou shalt ignoreth
 Corning/Geneseo, NY       all RAM specifications, they're noo scottish"