[rescue] alphaserver 4100

Leslie Connally lesliec at theplanet.com
Tue Oct 8 13:22:53 CDT 2002

AS4100s are geting WAY cheap on eBay.. its great.. I have a DEC catalog
from this generation.. its SOO much fun to buy a $100,000 computer for $400
:-)

I agree with.. (??)  that the deal breaker on any AS4100 deal is the
memory.. lots of the cheapest one have had memory pulled..

Note this isnt "normal" memory.. it is DEC AS400/4100 specific.. they are
memory BOARDS..

That said.. gig boards still cost alot.. people maxing out existing
machines..  but the smaller kits (pairs of boards I believe).. 512s (?) are
affordable.. ($200 from a DEC parts guy) cause these smaller memory boards
being pulled to upgrade to gig kits have no use anywhere..

Les