[rescue] ZX coolness

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Oct 8 10:30:44 CDT 2002

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 08:33:58AM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > XFree runs as root to my understanding.  Besides, the nvidia drivers
> > require a kernel module be loaded.
>
> oooOOOOOoooo... you're caught in that XFree86 module + kernel module trap.

Someone else informed me that I needed to get rid of the AGPGART kernel
module to make it stop crashing.

But what I can't remeber is, do I need to keep the DRI kernel module for
the nvidia drivers?  I'll read the documentation that comes with it when
I update those as well.  I tried to last night, but their site wouldn't
load for me.

Today or tomorrow, I expect a Geforce3 to arrive, and maybe that will
help also.

--
Joshua D. Boyd