[rescue] Solaris 86 on non-HCL hardware

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Sun Oct 6 17:49:28 CDT 2002

Linc-

> Free, Open and NetBSD will install over the net just fine..  In fact I
> just recently installed NetBSD i386 over the net and was pleasently
> suprised on how quick and easy it was.

Can you point me to the place on the NetBSD site giving the instructions for
that?  I've found 'em on the OpenBSD site, but not on the NetBSD site.

Or am I missing something basic here?  I can certainly FTP the files or
something, but if I wanted to being up a "bare metal" machine with no OS on
it, I'd want to be able to boot it from a NetBSD floppy and have that guide
me.  That seems to be what OpenBSD does, but I can't find similar
instructions on the NetBSD site.

-Shel