[rescue] VAX Pull movie

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Oct 6 00:17:00 CDT 2002

On Sunday, October 6, 2002, at 01:22 AM, Eric Webb wrote:
>> more 8" floppies, plus a Corvus Constellation hard drive.  The Corvus
>> was
>> so big (a whopping 5 MB) and expensive (over US$5,000) that it was
>> networked to two other Mod IIs, using a lot of ribbon cable.
>
> Hey, I remember working with one of the Corvus drives (prolly
> mid-80's?) that
> worked on a two-wire network with a bunch of Apple-II clients.  I
> think there
> were interface cards for other platforms, too, though.
>
> Anyone remember much about these things?

   I had a Corvus "network drive" (not sure what it was actually
called)...hard drive in a desktop case with an interface to that
network.  It was neat.  I tore it down many years ago to salvage the
[linear, but nice anyway] power supply out of it.

         -Dave

St. Petersburg, FL       reboot and upgrade."    -Jonathan Patschke