[rescue] Xyplex 1600 images

Rob Harhen Axthrower at fozzy-networks.com
Fri Oct 4 16:01:08 CDT 2002

pmalley at quartzvalley.com wrote:

>I just got my hands on two xyplex terminal servers, a 1600 and a 1500,
>but I did not get the image files to run them.  Can anyone help me out?
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Patrick

Delt with a 1620 not to long ago myself, xyplex/whatever company they
are now, provides a decent amout of documentation on the console servers
but feels the need to make you pay for software for really old products.
Basicly the way to go about it is, reset the defaults on the thing
(outlined in docs, depress reset button till all lights on, release
button, and than hold down for about 30seconds - until all the lights
stop flashing and only 7/8 remain lit), at that point plug a system in
with a correctly wired serial cable, start up your favorite terminal
program and configure the thing to use tftp to boot, once you have it
booting the main image off a tftp server, your done if you dont have the
flash card, if you have the flashcard, proceede to format it, and get
both the bootloader image and the actual software image and put them on
the flashcard (area 1 and area 3 respectivly).

In terms of getting the software someone onlist gave me the link

http://moaa.net/~laz/xyplex

hope they dont mind me giving it out again.

Rob