[rescue] Stuff I really really need

Kenneth Dunn luser at xtra.co.nz
Thu Oct 3 07:31:08 CDT 2002

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Wow, an odd assortment of bits...
>
> One question though - why do you want an alpha MB that fits in a PC
> case? There are a lot of low-end Alpha systems available at great
> prices - is the concern the cost of shipping said box?
>
> Just curious,

Most of the cool and cheap tech stuff comes from outside New Zealand.
Weight and bulk can actually make something cheap become very expensive.

Believe me if it was economical I really would like to import a complete
Digital Alpha. A pizza box is about the biggest thing I could justify
importing from anywhere other than Australia. Go the Warriors !