[rescue] SGI I2 Impact rather cheap on eBay

Shawn Wallbridge shawn at synack-hosting.com
Tue Oct 1 23:31:50 CDT 2002

> On Wednesday, October 2, 2002, at 12:07 AM, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
>> $41.02
>>
>> 140MHz (non-E), 128MB, no CD, no HD, no floppy.
>
>   Kick *ass*.  That's a lot of bang for the buck.
>
>   I asked because I just spent a little money I shouldn't have, and
> picked up an Ultra2 for $200.  The bottom really has dropped out of the
>  market...good thing most of us are buyers!
>
>> I just want it for a Snort box. And, I don't have one yet ;-)
>
>   A...snort box?
>
>     -Dave

Mmmm. <drool> SMP <drool> I have always wanted a U2.

That's what I figured. He has a couple more for $50 BIN.

Snort, as in the Intrusion Detection System (www.snort.org). I want to run
it on my business (colocation/hosting) network, just in case. I _REALLY_
want to run Sun/Cisco, so I figured a U1 would be perfect (it will be doing
bandwidth logging as well).

shawn