[rescue] Multipe serial lines from Sun?

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Tue Oct 1 14:45:40 CDT 2002

On Tue, Oct 01, 2002 at 12:42:35PM -0700, vraptor at employees.org wrote:
> We may have access to a Cisco CS-500, so I am thinking
> that might work hanging off of serial B on the U2...
>
> Anyone have any other suggestions?

you could try using a terminal server like the Xyplex/Annex/Livingston
Portmaster boxes.  These have 1 ethernet port and multiple serial ports.

Some of them were used by ISPs, but the earlier models only went up to
38.4kbps speed, which is fine for you but not fine when everyone went
to 56k modems.  I think Mike N (twmaster at twmaster.com) might have some
of one kind or another, cheap.

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net             |
| Zill.Net - OpenACS, Postgres, Python hosting     |
| OpenACS v4 shared server       $39.99/month      |
| Colocation w/30GB transfer     $99.00/month      |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $175/month        |