[rescue] *POSTPONED* Rescue: quantity of Sun4m equipment (Auckland, NZ) *POSTPONED*

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Thu Nov 28 21:30:31 CST 2002

<<
Hi Lads

I just bought a consignment of used Sun4m equipment so I could salvage the
keyboards/mice, a trinitron monitor, and the external UW-SCSI cases (no
flames please). There are approximately 15 assorted IPX, SS4, SS5, and SS10
systems. There are also about ten not-wide SCSI cases (411 & 611 etc).
AFAIK these systems are all ex-telco and I think that they are all
internally complete i.e. include RAM and disks. Most of them are grubby and
they are all untested.

I am going to have a rescue day on the 30th of November. The hardware is
free - the only condition is that you must come and pick up the equipment
(no postage or shipping). You can take as much as you want - user groups
are welcome.

Please email me off-list if you want to come over. My office is in Mangere
(near the airport).

Regards,

Gavin

Hi Lads

I've just been called in for a big project this weekend and I'm not going
to be available to operate the rescue day on Saturday 30th November. The
rescue day is still going to be held, just postponed until next Saturday
(7th December).

I'm sorry I have to postpone at such short notice, but with the contracting
market so flat I need to take work when it becomes available.

Regards,

Gavin Hubbard