[rescue] Linux

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Nov 28 21:14:35 CST 2002

On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 10:10:20PM -0500, Steve Sandau wrote:

> That's why you need two! I like to have one that runs the most
> fun/stable OS and one that runs an "historically correct" OS. Sometimes
> they are one in the same. Personally, I want to learn different hardware
> and different operating systems, not just how to run Linux or *BSD on
> anything.

What I want are really old OSs.  Like Irix 3.x, SunOS 3, etc.  And even
more, I'd love to get the old software.  I've managed to get Irix 4.x,
and SunOS 4.x, but not software other than what they come with.  oh well.

> I have IPXs that run Solaris 7, SunOS 4.1.3 and NetBSD, all for
> different reasons. My HPs all run HP-UX (10.20 and 11) because there's
> no reason to run anything else on them. I can run Linux on anything
> else...

I only have one IPX, and it runs NetBSD because I had a job I wanted it
to do that NetBSD seemed best for.

I can't really say that I have two of anything.

--
Joshua D. Boyd