[rescue] Weird SCSI cable wanted

Jeffrey J. Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Mon Nov 25 09:24:03 CST 2002

Are you thinking of extending from the SCSI connector to the drive? I'm not a
SCSI expert, but it's really designed to be point-to-point daisy-chained.
Tapping off like that will detune the bus.

I don't know how much it will affect your bus, but I thought I would mention
it.

That said, it sounds like you want a 50-pin inline male to 50-pin inline
female cable. Might be hard to find. http://www.cablestogo.com/ might do
custom cables. For that matter, if you can crimp the connectors, making one
shouldn't be hard; just a matter of getting the connectors and some ribbon
cable. In fact, if you have a spare SCSI cable around, you can buy just the
male inline, cut the cable to length, and crimp the male on the cut end. E.g.
http://www.connectworld.net/cgi-bin/iec/ID50M

I had no luck finding either cable extenders or gender changers that would
help you.