[rescue] needed: cable/DSL router

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Nov 22 23:01:54 CST 2002

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 06:57:20PM -0500, Michael Free wrote:
> find an SMC Barricade 7004ABR. Sub-$100 new,sub-$60 ebay, and has served me
> faithfully for more than a year. Does some pretty nice firewall functions,
> has serial backup, and a built in parrallel port print server.

The stuff Gigafast sells is the same "guts" as the SMC Barricade 7004ABR,
just minus the print server.  The CompUSA "store brand" router is made by
Gigafast, and has neither the print server or the serial port - and
they all work great (same hardware, only real difference is serial port,
print server, and logo/name on the configuration screens).

Other than that, I like the older Netgear RT314s.  Rock-solid, and a
GREAT CLI.

Bill

--
bill bradford