[rescue] My new toy in Laurel MD!

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Mon Nov 18 21:41:11 CST 2002

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 09:38:31PM -0600, Mike Hebel wrote:
> Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:
>
> > IIRC, you need to have the little metal plate that has the VIN stamped
> > on it.  When you assemble the FrankenHummer, whatever piece of chassis
> > that has the VIN is the VIN of your new vehicle.
>
> Been done and on the news - that's why people don't do it as often now. ;-)

You mean that it is illegal?  If so, I was not aware of that.  I would
have thought you could just say that you bought replacement parts for
everything - a complete "frame-off" restoration as it were.

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net             |
| Zill.Net - OpenACS, Postgres, Python hosting     |
| OpenACS v4 shared server       $39.99/month      |
| Colocation w/30GB transfer     $99.00/month      |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $175/month        |