[rescue] Re: 1U scsi storage?

ghub005 at xtra.co.nz ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Mon Nov 18 14:56:56 CST 2002

Anyone know of an affordable SE/LVD SCSI storage product in 1U?

I'd like something hotswappable (2-3 disks) but I might end up going with
a 1U PC case that will hold a pile of non-hotswap disks. Cost is pretty
critical (i.e. it has to be inexpensive).

I think my old Storageworks 3xSBB unit might work for the purpose, but I'm
not sure it works. Should get some BB modules out of storage and try it
out. But I'm open to other ideas.

Hi Robert (and list)

HP do a really nice 4 bay hot-swap disk unit called the "HP Surestore Disk System 2100". HP list price is (of course) excessive but you might find a cheap used one somewhere. The disk rails are just the standard NetServer items. Manufacturer's info at:

http://www.hp.com/products1/storage/products/disk_arrays/disksystems/ds2100/

Regards,

Gavin