[rescue] DECserver 90M as console server

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Thu Nov 14 15:43:29 CST 2002

> > I have a DECserver 90M that I want to set up as a console server. Does
> > anyone have suggestions/pointers as to how to do this?
>
> First you need to get it to boot (eg. with a DHCP and TFTP server).

The 90M has built-in FLASH, so if the software is already loaded
it should be able to boot without a server.  If the software isn't
loaded, you can boot and update the FLASH.  The decompression does
take a bit of time, so if you boot the 90M and then it just sits
there flashing the top 4 then the bottom 4 LEDs over and over
that's it decompressing.  You can hook a terminal up to port 1.