[rescue] DNS on SS2 OpendBSD questions?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Nov 10 22:18:32 CST 2002

On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 09:52:40PM -0600, Mike Hebel wrote:
> Actually the SS2 would be primary DNS for a domain name - it's already
> doing NAT/Firewall.  I'm pretty sure the SS2 in question has at least
> 32meg if not 64meg.  The site will be in it's infancy to start so the
> hit rate will depend on that most evil of terms "marketing".

Should be fine, at a prior job, we had one SS2 running primary DNS and
acting as the SMTP mail hub, while another was the company Usenet / NTTP
server (no binary groups, of course).

Gotta remember that the SS2 is "about equivalent" to a fast 486, except
that it can handle much more I/O and is a lot stabler.  They're not a
quad-USII, but they're no slouch, either.  packet filtering  and dns
should be easy.

Bill

--
bill bradford