[rescue] is this the 'good' one ? (DECServer 700)

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Thu Nov 7 14:28:45 CST 2002

[ On Thursday, November 7, 2002 at 12:53:47 (-0600), Les Connally wrote: ]
> Subject: [rescue] is this the 'good' one ? (DECServer 700)
>
> DEC DECSERVER 700 - M/N: DSRVW-YC
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2066952058
>
>                 Dec Decserver 700
>                       M/N: DSRVW-YC, rev. A01
>                       S/N: AS31209890
>                 with:
>                       16-port
>                       ethernet RJ45 /AUI ports
>                 no manual, no accessories, as shown
>                 used, guaranteed working at arrival

It's not the best one (it's discontinued due to EOL of internal
components), but it does have the ability to use a PCMCIA FLASH card,
and has a built-in AC power supply, and with enough internal RAM it will
run a decently new version of the firmware.  It would certainly make a
good console terminal server.  They sell upwards of $200-$300 or more,
used, from resellers, which is of course way too much, but that's what
people will pay when they have to or don't know any better I guess.

	http://www.dnpg.com/dr/hubs/servers/manuals/

--
								Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098;            <g.a.woods at ieee.org>;           <woods at robohack.ca>