[rescue] [OT?] unemployment benefits

vraptor at employees.org vraptor at employees.org
Mon Nov 4 12:58:41 CST 2002

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Mike Hebel wrote:

>Bill?  Have you considered the Rusty (www.kuro5hin.org) donation method
>of work.  He managed to get enough people to donate enough money to turn
>his site into a personal non-profit venture that keeps him afloat.

I don't know about Texas, but in Kalifornia, you are ineligible for
Unemployment Insurance (not a tax, not savings, but *insurance*
premiums) benefits if you run a "family" business.  So be careful
what you say about any sidelines you might have when you apply.

What I want to find out is if I can get my insurance premiums
reimbursed, since I'm "ineligible".

Good luck to all on the job hunts.
=Nadine=