[rescue] AlphaServer 4100 Power Supplies

Jeff Workman jworkman at pimpworks.org
Fri Nov 1 14:24:22 CST 2002

Stoned koala bears drooled eucalyptus spit in awe as Eric Dittman exclaimed:

>> If anybody happens to have one of these please contact me off-list.  I
>> just  fired mine up today and discovered that one of my power supplies
>> had failed.
>
> These have been showing up on eBay lately.

Yeah, I remember seeing a few not too long ago on there.  Unfortunately I
hadn't powered mine on in a while and didn't know that one of the supplies
had failed at the time, or I would've bought one.

I did manage to snag 4 300 Mhz processor boards for $35, though.  And on
that note, does anybody know if FreeBSD/alpha can do SMP?  I know that
NetBSD 1.6 can.

I've been seeing complete units go *fairly* cheap on ebay lately, so I
might just pick up a spare for parts or whatever.  I love this machine.

-Jeff

--
Jeff Workman | jworkman at pimpworks.org | http://www.pimpworks.org