[rescue] Discussion Question (was Fast Terminal Servers?)

Tim H. lists at pellucidar.net
Fri Nov 1 08:10:18 CST 2002

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002 20:19:32 -0500 (EST)
"Carl R. Friend" <crfriend at rcn.com> wrote:

>    What's the matter with TFTP or MOP booting?  Have you no LAN?  ;-

OK, Where does everyone fit in the home LAN picture?

a. I have a computer which can have an optional network interface
b. I share an AOL account with my significant other with a crossover
cable
c. I have a linksys router/hub and a few computers
d. I have wired and wireless segments
e. I run DHCP/Dynamic DNS to save configuration time
f. I have multiple subnets, to keep my architectures and physical
topolgy separate
g. Home?  I live in the network closet at work.