[rescue] Creator 3D versus Expert 3d

Chris Petersen havoc at apk.net
Thu May 30 10:50:29 CDT 2002

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 10:23:16AM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 10:04:24AM -0400, Michael Still  (mikes) wrote:
> > You can also look for a PGX64 as they support that resolution.
> >
> > What is a good price to pay for a C3D series 3?
> >
> > I think the reason the Expert card is PCI is because it is really a 3dlabs
> > Wildcat card.
>
> I don't really know what that has to do with anything.  All the other cards
> that use that Wildcat chipset are AGP cards.
>
> Actually, come to think of it, I don't know what the related PowerStorm cards
> are, so maybe there are other PCI wildcats.

Several, actually.  Only the latest generation Wildcats are AGP (5xxx,
6xxx).  PowerStorms were various generations of Intergraph cards (remember,
Intergraph was the origingal owner/developer of the Wildcat), including
Wildcat 4xxx, Intense3Ds,&  Realizm3Ds.  All PCI...

FYI, the *earlier* high-end card from DEC (pre-Powerstorm) were made by
Dynamic Pictures, another company that got absorbed by 3D Labs (actually,
IMMSMC, the first)...

Chris

Chris Petersen			  E-mail: havoc at apk.net
Systems Engineer, ExperTeam Services, EDS PLM Solutions