[rescue] Re: Mozilla 1.0 RC1 released for Irix

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Wed May 29 08:38:25 CDT 2002

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 11:53:36AM +0200, Carl-Johan Schenstrom wrote:
> On Tue, 28 May 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
>
> > Frankly at this point, I want more stability more than I want more speed.
> > 0.99 is more stable than prior versions were, but I still feel particularly
> > crushed when it crashs (since I tend to have a lot of tabs open to pages I
> > mean to be reading soon).
>
> I just love it when Opera remembers all the pages I had opened and asks me
> if I want to load them or not when i restart it after a crash. This almost
> makes up for its flakiness..

For Mozilla, a good start would be to make each seperate window enough of a
seperate memory space so that one window crashing only looses it's open tabs,
rather than bringing the whole thing down.

Mozilla and Pan are 2 programs that I wish I had more time and skill for, to
be able to go through and identify what caused each crash.  But I'm usually
in too much of a bad mood from it crashing to follow up on that.  Speaking
of which, why doesn't mozilla leave core files lieing around?

--
Joshua D. Boyd