[rescue] SparcPrinter

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed May 29 07:31:04 CDT 2002

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 05:48:07AM -0500, Leslie Connally wrote:
> SparcPrinter
> off an external network print server ala HP JetDirect or Lantronix ?
> 3) It a PS printer, yes ? or is it some kind of dumb print-engine-in-a-box
> like an inkjet, mostly run by the computer & special software?

Bingo!  Requires special SBus interface card (NOT parallel) and cable;
the host machine does all of the rendering.  Its just a dumb laser
engine.

(the SPARCprinter I that is; newer ones might be native PS)

I had a SS2 dedicated to running a SPARCprinter at an old job; with Samba
installed it made a great way for the Windows boxes to print.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net