[rescue] OT: looking for 900Mhz wireless cards(pre-802.11b)

Patrick Giagnocavo 717-201-3366 patrick at .zill.net
Wed May 29 00:15:13 CDT 2002

Hi Sambo,

The only specs I have on Webgear Aviator indicate PCMCIA.  Or maybe
you have the older stuff that there are virtually no specs for (at
least that I can find on the web).

Earlier 2.4GHz stuff was often 2mbit/s and this was later kicked up to
11mbps when 802.11b was standardized; some units can still talk at the
lower rate to new devices, some can't.

Can you get the FCC ID from the back of the card?  I can then look up
the specs at www.fcc.gov.

Cordially

Patrick Giagnocavo
patrick at zill.net